We strongly believe that a banana should NEVER go to waste and that this recipe is the answer to making sure those overripe bananas have a place in this world. Your kitchen will smell like freshly baked banana bread, warmed cinnamon and toasted walnuts! This recipe is vegan and can be made GF with the right oats.
What you will need for Banana Bread Cookies (V/GFO):
1 large-sized spotty banana (peeled)
1 C (100g) quick oats
2 TBSP maple syrup
1 TBSP coconut oil either soft/melted
1 TSP cinnamon
1/4 C chopped walnuts
1/4 C dark chocolate chunks
pinch of sea salt
*Makes 6 – 8 cookies depending on the size. We also recommend doubling the recipe as these cookies can be frozen for later!
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place the banana in a medium-sized bowl and mash it with a fork. Add the oats, maple syrup, coconut oil, walnuts and cinnamon, mix well. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add in the chocolate chips (reserve a few to sprinkle on once the cookies are cooked) and the sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of the mixture in your hand, roll into a ball, place on a baking sheet and lightly flatten with a large spoon or flipper (the coconut oil in the cookies should prevent them from sticking, but you can use parchment paper if you like).
- Place in the oven and cook for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, sprinkle with the reserved chocolate chips and leave to cool... (We opened the oven at minute 12 and dropped some larger chunks right on the top of each cookie to let them melt slightly). ENJOY!
TAG @yourAURAnutrition IN YOUR BAKING/RECIPES!
We would love to share your success and inspire bakers everywhere!" to any/all of our baking recipes. In addition, we can add this to all our recipes and just change the word "baking" to "smoothie bowl creation/to inspire smoothie bowl creators everywhere!